Xiong Jing Nan cruises previous Ayaka Miura at ONE: ‘Heavy Hitters’
(James Goyder is the proprietor/editor of AsianMMA.com)
Xiong Jing Nan cruised previous Ayaka Miura at ONE: ‘Heavy Hitters’ in Singapore tonight. The Japanese challenger spent 5 rounds attempting and failing to take the Chinese language champion down.
At the beginning of the combat Miura regarded to catch Xiong’s kicks and had some success however was unable to finish a takedown. It might show to be the story of the combat with the challenger consistently seeking to put the champion on her again.
She ducked underneath a punch and shot for a double leg initially of the second however Xiong sprawled. Miura appeared near getting the takedown however the Chinese language fighter grabbed the fence and acquired a warning from the referee.
Within the third Xiong landed a knee as Miura shot in. After combating off one other takedown try the champion landed a strong physique kick on the break.
The fourth started with Miura in search of a single leg and Xiong sprawling and touchdown a knee to her opponent’s midsection. This sample continued for the rest of the combat with the Japanese fighter unable to finish her takedowns or land any efficient offence within the putting exchanges.
The choice win for Xiong takes her to 17-2 whereas Miura drops to 11-4. Having cleared out the strawweight division she appears to be like set to drop right down to atomweight and problem for a second title.
Earlier within the evening Saygid Izagakhmaev (20-2) acquired his ONE Championship profession off to the absolute best begin. He completed James Nakashima (12-3) with a second spherical D’Arce choke.
Meanwhike Tiffany Teo (10-2) cemented her standing because the #1 conetender within the strawweight division. The Singaporean has a 100% successful report in non title fights which she maintained by submitting Meng Bo (18-6) with a second spherical rear bare choke.
Shuya Kamikubo (12-1-1) maintained his 100% successful report within the ONE Championship cage. He put himself in pole place for the following shot on the bantamweight belt by submitting Troy Worthen (7-3) late within the last spherical.
Conor McGregor’s pub was the goal of Molotov cocktails in Eire
ONE: ‘Heavy Hitters’, Singapore, January 14th
- Xiong Jing Nan def. Ayaka Miura by way of Determination (Unanimous)
- Muay Thai: Tawanchai PKSaenchaigym def. Saemapetch Fairtex by TKO (Punches) at 2:55 of Spherical 1
- Saygid Izagakhmaev def. James Nakashima by way of Submission (D’Arce Choke) at 2:17 of Spherical 2
- Muay Thai: Supergirl Jaroonsak def. Ekaterina Vandaryeva by way of Determination (Break up)
- Senzo Ikeda def. Elipitua Siregar by way of KO (Punch) at 2:00 of Spherical 3
- Kickboxing: Giannis Stoforidis def. Beybulat Isaev by way of KO (Punch) at 0:31 of Spherical 1
- Tiffany Teo def. Meng Bo by way of Submission (Rear-Bare Choke) at 3:45 of Spherical 2
- Shuya Kamikubo def. Troy Worthen by way of Submission (Rear-Bare Choke) at 4:36 of Spherical 3